Our History

In February 1885 Arthur Christopher Davey began a venture that throughout the 20th century evolved into a culture in the manufacture and supply of marine equipment.  From humble beginnings in Leadenhall Street, the company soon moved to its famous address at 88, West India Dock Road, London E14, where it successfully traded for over 100 years.

 

Through the early 20th century the product range grew and the customer base widened to encompass the MOD at home and countless marine yards and organisations throughout the world.  Many of the products that were developed in that time are still being manufactured by us today.